Is This Really Necessary?
If your home is 50 or more years old, you should at least consider having your wiring inspected by GE Smith Electric, as it may feature dated knob-and-tube or aluminum wiring components. You should be particularly concerned if you notice any of these signs:
• Frequently tripped circuit breakers or blown fuses
• A persistent burning smell, sometimes accompanied by a sizzling sound
• Charred or discolored outlets and switches
• Rust or corrosion in your main electric panel.
• Check the main service cable coming into your home for condition. (Insider Tip: Many people do not realize that the main service cable on the exterior of the house is the homeowners responsibility and not the power companies.)
Consider the risks of improper or outdated wiring, it’s an upgrade you might not want to put off. The U.S. Fire Administration attributes nearly 26,000 residential fires a year to electrical causes.