New Ceiling Fan Installation Under 10 Feet
with Attic Access Above: $180.00
Add switch control for an additional $45.00
What's included with this service?
- Installing a customer-supplied ceiling fan
- Cutting hole in ceiling and mount electrical box
- Assembling, mounting and wiring bracket/fan
- Attaching blades, lights and chains (if needed)
The right fan and placement
- The fan: Make sure you choose the right fan for your room. If you have lower ceilings, consider purchasing a low-ceiling mount. Typically, there should be 7 feet between the bottom of the ceiling fan and your floor, and there should be at least 12 inches between the ceiling fan blades and the ceiling—though 18 inches allows for optimal airflow.
- The location: Usually a ceiling fan is installed in the center of room, and that's a good spot to ensure adequate clearance and air flow. Ceiling fans all use about the same amount of electricity, in most cases, so replacing one ceiling fan with another shouldn't require any electrical fixes. However, if the weight of your new ceiling fan is much higher than your old fan, your pro will need to install a new electrical box, rated to support the ceiling fan.